Sunday, June 5, 2011

CAD

Today I started to play with OpenSCAD, to get a feel of what can be done, and how much time you need.  Initially you have to get your head around the parametric stuff, but it turned out to be quite powerful.

Here are the initial candidates for the Morgan extremities.
I am going to try to model each of the parts I have to "strap" for Morgan Zero in order to make the machine easier to systematically replace with built parts when I get it operational.  It also helps me to focus on the functionality of the parts to ensure that I have to hand-make as few as possible pieces to get to the working system I need.  These parts will not be the final parts in any way, and will not be published until I start building in plastic...

More news later - I need some materials

No comments:

Post a Comment